Exquisite food and a magical setting...
The perfect recipe for what will be one of your most treasured memories. Lighthouse Picnics based at Ferryland Lighthouse (built in 1870) offers distinctive picnic food using the freshest ingredients.
A picnic to be enjoyed while relaxing and enjoying amazing scenery – waves, whales, and seabirds are all part of the vista. But what we offer is so much more than food and it is hard to describe in words. It is a feeling that best describes a Lighthouse Picnics experience. It is a moment to ‘be’…
- be in a magical place enjoying breathtaking scenery
- be in the company of your friends and family
- be quiet, away from bustling streets and ringing phones
- be the most relaxed you have been in years!
Part of your Lighthouse Picnic is the walk to the lighthouse. As you walk along a natural isthmus you are surrounded by the sea on both sides of the path. Smelling the sea, hearing the seabirds and the view that goes on forever just sets the scene for a memory.
After your visit you can also brag to have eaten at the most easterly restaurant in all of North America. Reservations are strongly advised!
- Listed in Where to Eat in Canada Guide every year since 2004.
- Listed in EnRoute Magazine’s 100 favourite things in the world!
- 2005 Cultural Tourism Award
- 2007 Restaurateur of the Year
- 2010 Canadian Living Magazine listed as #1 picnic place in Canada